Sunflower Medical Group is proud to be a sponsor for the US Bank Great Midwest Balloon Race. We are sponsoring the 5K Race with the Balloons, the only race in the metro with hot air balloons flying in the skies over the runners.
The race will take place Saturday, August 9 at the Legends Outlets. The route will take participants from the Legends to the balloon field and back. Registration includes a one day pass ($15 value) to the balloon festival, a commemorative shirt, chip timing, live results, a great course, and hot air balloons overhead! Come out and race or just cheer on your friends and family and stay for an incredible eye dazzling show in the sky. The entry fee for the 5K Race with the Balloons is:
- $25 through June 26
- $30 June 27 to August 3rd
- $35 August 4th to Race Day
Come take part in the most fun and colorful race in Kansas City. It’s a great way to get out and have fun and stay healthy. Plus, you’ll help to support a great charity – Kansas City Hospice. Kansas City Hospice & Palliative Care is a nonprofit organization offering a range of services for people of all ages and at any stage of serious illness. By providing both hospice and palliative care, they are able to assist patients and their loved ones at any time following a serious diagnosis. Kansas City Hospice is the designated charity for the event.
Here are some of the details you’ll need to participate!
Register at midwestballoonfest.org. Click on 5K Race with the Balloons
- Time – Friday, August 8th, 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM or race morning, 6:00 AM to 6:45 AM
- Location – Legends at Village West Marketplace (near Yardhouse restaurant and Coach shop)
- Route – Click here for map.
Schedule of Events
- 6:00 AM – Race Day Packet Pickup and Registration
- 7:00 AM – 5K Run/Walk Starts
- 8:00 AM – Kids Fun Run Starts
- 8:15 AM – Awards Ceremony
The Balloon Festival lasts from 6:30 AM to 11:00 PM on Saturday but also runs on Friday and Sunday.